Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dredge-Tone Angler


This pedal was sent to me via a TourBox from then man himself, John at Dredge-Tone.  This pedal is killer (so are tourboxs).  Thanks John!

So I had a practice and a show in the past two days of having the Angler, and I have to say that it is pretty sweet.

Construction is really solid, the knobs feel sturdy and the switch is confident.

I personally like the detents on the tone and dredge knobs. It satisfied some anxiety that I have about my knobs being changed en route to a gig. I can see how not being able to put the dredge knob in between lets say three and four might seem limiting to some, but I loved it.

I liked how the volume knob had plenty of gain on tap to compensate for lower dredge and/or tone settings. 

My favorite setting was a lowerer dredge setting (like 3 or 4 out of 10) and the tone knob just to the left of center. Great low-gain pedal. It really sounded killer in the band mix, but I didn't really care for it by itself (well let's just say it didn't blow me away). 

Let me say again though, that it did sound KILLER in the band mix. No low end loss, or loss of presence, even at high dredge settings.

http://www.dredgetone.com


Here are some links to other reviews:
Bryan R. Tyler's Clips
bigtexashonk's clips

No comments:

Post a Comment